Join the inspirational talk and workshop “Focus on Distractions” led by Monika Matuszewska from LaMatu. This workshop is a part of a series of masterclasses organised by Team Rockstars IT for its employees and will be held at the office of the Amsterdam chapter.
How to maintain focus in a world full of distractions?
Modern technology brought us many blessings, but it is also fraught with some risks. As we become more dependent on the use of our devices, we find that dealing with distractions such as notifications, maintaining our focus and concentration is becoming increasingly hard. Our attention spans, the ability to think deeply and maintain focus became victims of the battle for our attention waged by the tech companies and advertising giants.
Join the “Focus on Distractions” workshop led by professional coach Monika Matuszewska from LaMatu and gain deeper awareness into your where your attention goes. Practice asking good questions that will help you make healthy choices both in the workplace and your daily life. This session will touch upon current trends such as social media detox and dopamine fasting and examine the possible impact on our mental health. Please bring with you to the event an open mind, friendly attitude, curiosity and positive energy.
- sometimes finding yourself mindlessly scrolling on your device?
- experiencing feeling drained, tired & wired at the end of the day?
- having difficulty finishing a task of focus for a long time because of distractions?
Would you like to:
- discover new ways to find a healthy way of coping with distractions?
- find inspiration on how to break out of the negative spiral and make a positive change in your daily life instead?
- meet your colleagues and exchange ideas?
- – Learn to recognise attention leaks and maintain focus in a world full of distractions.
- – Explore the mechanism of addictions in the context of modern news and social media.
- – Take a step back and re-evaluate which of the messages that steal your focus on are merely distractions.
- – Understand why is maintaining attention is incredibly hard and that there’s more to it than willpower.
- – Make conscious choices about where to direct your attention.
- – Explore which human needs modern media fulfil in your life.
- – Identify what you need to create and maintain a sense of flow.
What can you expect?
- – An opportunity for empowering self-reflection
- – Gain new insights and learn from others
- – A safe space where all opinions can be openly expressed and are equally respected
- – Feeling supported by the coach and other participants
- – Some practical tools to take away home and apply directly in your daily life
- – A boost of positive inspiration and empowerment!
17.00 – 18.00 – Doors open
18.00 – 18.30 – Dinner
18.30 – 20.00 – Workshop
20.00 – 21.00 – Networking drinks
This workshop will be conducted in English. Professional working proficiency of English is required for participation. It is possible to participate in the Q&A session in Dutch.
ABOUT TEAMS ROCKSTARS IT
Team Rockstars IT are experts in IT innovation. Over the last 8 years it grew to a team of 600 consisting of carefully selected native software developers and data engineers, who work on a project basis for a variety of clients. Some of the company’s clients include Rabobank, Philips, ABN-AMRO, NS, Jumbo, ASML, ING, Alliander and Belastingdienst.
We are growing fast and have ambitions that reach beyond the horizon. Team Rockstars IT komt is where passion and fun come together. Our style is different. The career and happiness of an IT professional is what we are all about, our employees are our true “Rockstars”!
True to its motto is “Happy Developers, High Impact”, in 2015 the company rolled out a new way of working, fully aligned with the wishes of IT specialists who will shape the future of the world! Its clients have learnt to value and benefit from this modern approach.
This workshop is a part of series of events organised exclusively for the employees of Team Rockstars IT. If you are currently a member of the rockstars agile tribe, you may reserve your spot using the “Sign up” button.