Join the interactive workshop organised by Female Ventures on Tuesday, 28th of November 2023 at the premises of The Hague Tech in the Hague. This workshop is a part of the series of masterclasses and workshops organised by members of the Hague city chapter of the Female Ventures Foundation and will be led by professional coach Monika Matuszewska from LaMatu.
The event is intended for female professionals interested in understanding why we need more than simple willpower to maintain attention in the modern world. All ambitious people who want to grow professionally and want to help others grow, are welcome. Whether you have a long track record at a large corporation, whether you are a student, an entrepreneur for a long time or just starting. Young, young of mind, experienced or less experienced.
Modern technology brought us many blessings, but it is also fraught with some risks. As we become more dependent on the use of our devices, we find that dealing with distractions such as notifications, maintaining our focus and concentration is becoming increasingly hard. Our attention spans, the ability to think deeply and maintain focus became victims of the battle for our attention waged by the tech companies and advertising giants. During the session we will expose the chasm the data-rich tech industry is creating at the cost of focus-deprived individuals.
Gain deeper awareness into your where your attention goes, practice asking good questions that will help you make healthy choices both in the workplace and your daily life. This session will touch upon current trends such as social media detox and dopamine fasting and examine the possible impact on our mental health. Please bring with you to the event an open mind, friendly attitude, curiosity and positive energy.
• sometimes finding yourself mindlessly scrolling on your device?
• experiencing feeling drained, tired & wired at the end of the day?
• having difficulty finishing a simple task because of distractions?
• maintain focus long enough to enjoy reading a book?
Would you like to:
• discover new ways to find a healthy way of coping with distractions?
• find inspiration on how to break out of the negative spiral?
• make a positive change in your daily life?
What can you expect?
• An opportunity for empowering self-reflection
• Gain new insights and learn from others
• Simple tools for improving your focus
• Practical takeaways that you can directly apply directly in your daily life
• A boost of positive inspiration and empowerment!
• Learn to recognise attention leaks and maintain focus in a world full of distractions.
• Explore which human needs modern media fulfil in your life.
• Understand why we need more than willpower to maintain attention in the modern world.
• Explore the mechanism of addictions in the context of modern news and social media.
• Take a step back and re-evaluate which of the messages that steal your focus. Identify which
of them are serving you, and which are merely distractions.
• Make conscious choices about where you direct your attention to.
• Identify how to create and maintain a sense of flow during your workday.
18:30 – doors open
19:00 – 19:05 – introduction by THT and Female Ventures
19:05 – 19:10 – welcome and intro Monika Matuszewska from LaMatu
19:10 – 19:55 – part 1 of the workshop
19:55 – 20:05 – break
20:05 – 20:40 – part 2 of the workshop
20:40 – 20:45 – event survey and announcements
Arriving by public transport? The Hague Tech is just a two-minute walk away from “Station Laan van NOI”.
Arriving by car? Park your car in “ParkBee Soza A” , zone number 26971.
This workshop will be conducted in English. Professional working proficiency of English is required for participation.
PRIVACY AND IMAGE RIGHTS
We’d like to inform you that during our physical events some photography and recordings may be taken and therefore may contain your image. Please notify us at the start of an event if you prefer not to be featured and we will seat you accordingly.
Ticket price: €20 p.p.
Limited number of tickets available through Eventbrite. Reserve your spot using the “Sign up” button.
ABOUT FEMALE VENTURES
Female Ventures believe that every woman leads her own venture. By uniting ambitious women and sharing inspiring stories and network connections, Female Ventures wants to empower women to grow and lead their career. Female Ventures regularly organises events in major cities in the Netherlands including Amsterdam, Delft, Eindhoven, the Hague, Rotterdam and Utrecht. During these events the speakers share their stories and the attendees can feel the energy of meeting and supporting their peers.
ABOUT THE HAGUE TECH
The Hague Tech is a technology community in the heart of The Hague region, where creative talent, businesses, government, and research institutions work together. Its aim is to fire up your tech ideas that will change society. The Hague Tech is a local ecosystem with a global mind and international ambitions. Local talent groups and international partnerships lead to the development of new opportunities, which supports members of THT in their goals for international business.